Kalamazoo College is committed to providing mental health treatment to the student population through primary prevention, education, and advocacy. Counseling center staff including fully-licensed psychologists and psychologists in training offer consultation, outreach to residence halls, workshops in and outside of the counseling center, and to student organizations. If you would like to request an outreach program, please contact Outreach Coordinator, Melissa Plair at Melissa.Plair@kzoo.edu.
Counseling center staff will collaborate with staff, faculty, or students on needed programming. Examples of programs offered in the past include:
- Increasing resiliency
- MiKroaggressions at K
- Understanding healthy relationships
- Increasing time management skills
- Stress and anxiety management
- Self Care
If you would like to collaborate on a new program with center staff, please allow at least one month for preparation.
Staff Requests for Interviews and Presentations in Classrooms:
- The counseling center staff requires two-weeks notice for classroom requests. This notice does not guarantee commitment to events but assures staff adequate time to communicate about scheduling needs.
- If you would like to interview counseling center staff, please email staff directly to schedule this with them.