- The American Psychological Association (APA) provides educational and support resources on a range of LGBTQIA+ topics
- The Association for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Issues in Counseling delivers educational and support resources for LGBTQIA+ individuals, as well as promoting competency on LGBTQIA+ issues for counseling professionals.
- The Association of Gay and Lesbian Psychiatrists offers numerous resources for LGBTQIA+ individuals experiencing mental health conditions and psychiatric professionals with LGBTQIA+ clients
- The National Center for Transgender Equality offers resources for transgender individuals, including information on the right to access health care
- The Trevor Project is a support network for LGBTQIA+ youth providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention, including a 24-hour text line (Text “START” to 678678)
- The LGBT National Help Center offers confidential peer support connections for LGBT youth, adults and seniors including phone, text and online chat
- The Gay and Lesbian Medical Association’s Provider Directory is a search tool that can locate a LGBTQIA+-inclusive health care provider
- Keshet works for the equality of LGBTQ Jews and families. They offer resources and events geared toward this mission.
Dr. Thomas Vance Discusses Mental Health in the Black LGBTQIA+ Community
The Gender Unicorn
To learn more about identities visit Trans Students Educational Resources.
- QueerWOC Join Money and Nikeeta, two Black Queer Troublemakers, on this biweekly insurgent audio syllabus that unites, ignites, and excites the queer women of color community. QueerWOC is a space for queer women and folks of color rooted in reimagining healing, organizing, and community.
- Nancy- Stories and conversations about the queer experience today. Prepare to laugh and cry and laugh again.
- AfroQueer- A podcast about queer Africans living, loving, surviving and thriving on the African continent and in the diaspora.
- Making Gay History- The Making Gay History podcast mines Eric Marcus’s decades old audio archive of rare interviews — conducted for his award-winning oral history of the LGBTQ civil rights movement — to create intimate, personal portraits of both known and long-forgotten champions, heroes, and witnesses to history.
- One From The Vaults- A trans history podcast by Morgan M Page. We bring you all the dirt, gossip, and glamour from trans history.
- The Ten- A weekly look at news and culture through a queer lens. Stafford, alongside reporters and contributors, brings queer voices to the forefront while diving deep into the stories that matter.
Resources for Allies
What is a True Ally?
- Buffer- This website offers 50+ resources for LGBTQIA+ allies including, resources, videos, books, and social media accounts.